Sunday, July 20, 2008

Pufferfish Mommy Strikes Again!

I am really feeling like a pufferfish today...on Sunday, of all days. The one day of the week that I'm around people almost non-stop.
-
And I think I know the reason why. My sister has been in the hospital for the past two weeks. In that time, there have been a lot of ups and downs... lots to do, places to go, people to see... trying to take care of everything, and be "all things to all people", as I often find myself trying to do. (Why? I don't know why I do that. Maybe it's the whole supermom-syndrome thing I've got goin' on.) My husband says he's worried about me. He thinks I'll crash and burn if I don't slow down. And, maybe he's right. Maybe my mood today is a sign that my engine is starting to sputter.
-
So today, I've tried to keep to myself as much as possible. Kinda snobby, maybe... but hey, at least I avoided blowing up at anyone.

2 comments:

bc said...

i think you need a chocolate brownie sundae with chocolate ice cream, chocolate syrup, extra whip cream and a cherry on top.

(((sis)))

i love you.

Laurel said...

I'm sorry to hear about your sister. We'll keep her, and you guys, in our prayers. We miss you!!