Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Spring Cleaning, and/or the lack of it.

My floors are filthy dirty. I mean, I'm sitting here in my living room and I can glance into the family room where the sun is pouring through the french doors to the deck, and that same beautiful sunshine is illuminating every single speck of dust on my fake-wood floors in there. It is embarrassing! And I'm the only one seeing it! LOL. It's also bringing out all the dust on the dining table and chairs, as well as the TV and end table and piano.... I guess that dust is no respecter of furniture. They all get equal portions.
-
The carpeted portions of the house are no better. You'd think I didn't own a vacuum. I do, but it's hiding out in the closet. It whimpers when it gets pulled out because it knows the gargantuan task that I have in store for it. Yeah, pretty embarrassing.
-
Some moms want their floors clean enough to eat off of, but I think mine look the way they do because they have been eaten off of - too much.
-
On the other hand, I've been doing laundry like a madwoman (i.e. - a woman who enjoys doing laundry, which qualifies as "mad" in my book.) I don't know what has gotten into me. Maybe I've decided that having clean underwear in the drawer waiting for me each day is actually pretty nice after all. Oh, and my hubby and kids like that, too. I actually found a whole basket full of socks (clean ones!) the other day. It was completely buried under some other unfolded laundry that had been accumulating in my bedroom floor for who knows how long. Imagine the sheer joy in my household the next day when everyone had socks (clean ones! And matching ones!) to wear! And no one even had to go digging through piles of laundry to find them! Wow. I was temporarily elevated to "SuperMom" status around here. Don't worry, it didn't last long. (They know better than to let me get the "big head" for very long. That can be dangerous.)
-
And another strange phenomenon going on in my house - my strange desire to wash dishes... by hand. Yes, my poor dishwasher is feeling neglected. My sink, on the other hand, is feeling quite loved. Maybe it's the spring air that is responsible for this madness. Or, it could be the Palmolive Aroma Therapy Dishwashing Liquid with the scent of lavender and ylang ylang. It's a little bit addictive, I think. But in a good way.
-
So... let's see...
-
  • laundry - Check.
  • dishes - Check.
  • floors - umm... ask me again tomorrow. (I make no promises!)

No comments: