Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday - Get Your "Glow" On




I've found something new that works for me, and I believe that y'all will thank me for this. Not only for what I'm about to share with you, but for what it does for me. Those of you who know me IRL, y'all know that I am not a real trendy or hip, if you will, type of person. And for the most part, I really don't care about being fashionable, but I prefer not to embarrass myself if I can avoid it. Winter is great, with all the layers of clothing to hide under. Come summertime, though, it's a whole 'nother story.
-
I don't have a lot of money to spend on clothes, and if I do, I still don't splurge on things for myself hardly ever. I just don't. It's not something that I can do without basically someone MAKING me do it, unless it is out of sheer necessity (like when our house burned, including all my clothes). I buy stuff for my kids and my hubby, just not myself.
-
Okay, so this is totally going in the wrong direction because I'm not here to write about my geeky wardrobe. What I'm really here to tell you about is my lily-white skin and how y'all won't have to wear blinders this summer every time you're around me and my bare legs. I can't tan. If I get in the sun for very long, I don't tan, I burn. And, I don't believe in tanning beds. I mean, I believe that they exist...that's not what I mean. I just don't believe that people should USE them, seein' as how they give you cancer and all. My dad died because of stupid skin cancer. So to me, laying on a tanning bed is the same as making a death wish for yourself. It's not "if" you'll get cancer.... it's only a matter of when. Don't believe me? Do a simple google search for tanning beds and cancer and you'll see what I'm talking about.
-
And again, I've gotten on a subject other than the one I intended, and y'all are all going, "Huh? What in the world is she talking about? WHY am I reading this?" Yeah... I would be asking the same thing. So let me tell y'all about this:

-

Intrigued? It's a new product by Jergen's called Jergen's Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer. I've been using it for about 2 weeks, and I think it's great. I've tried lots of self-tanning lotions in the past, and every one that I tried left me looking like a blotchy tangerine, all orangey and uneven. This one, however, is nothing like those. You're supposed to use it every day for a gradual increase in color, and have a noticeable difference after only three days.

I know you're hoping I'll post a picture of my naturally glowing legs...


but sorry, it ain't happenin'.


Y'all just have to trust me on this one.


But yes, it does work for me!

Hop over to Rocks In My Dryer to see another 200 or so tips from other bloggers in this week's Works-for-Me-Wednesday.

P.S. I am editing this because my little sis asked if this lotion is stinky like other self tanners. Hmmm.... well, yes and no. It does have a scent, but I don't think it's nearly as strong as the other ones. It doesn't bother me, but my little guy put his nose up to my legs and said, "Mommy, you smell like animal crackers." So, does that tell you anything?

3 comments:

you can call me tennessee said...

you forgot one important tidbit - does it stink like all the other self -tanners?
if not, that could be worth looking into.

btw, we're thinking about getting season passes to nashville shores this summer. then you'll have to bring the kids for a visit :D and show off your fancy glowing legs!

Niki said...

I love that stuff!

By the way, my son always tells me I smell like The Soft Pretzel Factory.

I happen to like pretzels, so I take it as a compliment! LOL

:)

Ann Kroeker said...

Animal crackers can't have much of a smell to them, and certainly nothing offensive...barely sweetened, maybe a hint of vanilla or something simple. Sounds good to me.

This is a great tip, and my pasty-white face could use a little glow about now. I wonder if it's safe for the face, as well as legs?

Also, I appreciate your post over at my blog today about your daughter's modesty extending all the way to her doll's attire. I love that. You're obviously doing something right!