Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ultimate Blog Party!



So here it is, Wednesday, and I'm just now writing my entry for:
Ultimate Blog Party 2008
-
But see, I've never done one of these before. I've never hosted a party on my blog, and I'll admit, I'm a little nervous! Is everything in order? Are the dust bunnies behaving? Are the p's and q's minding? Are the i's dotted and the t's crossed? And most importantly, does my "writing" not stink too much for my guests? I mean, it's one thing to invite readers over.... it's another altogether to feed 'em a stink bomb. Right? And I don't wanna do that to you! So, as I said, I'm a little nervous. But, here goes.
-------------------------------------------------------
So welcome to my blog! I'm glad you came!
Here, I'll take that coat for you. I'll stick it over here on the sidebar for now. *wink*
Oh, and I'm Beverly, or as I'm called around here: "Pufferfish Mommy".
It's very nice to meet you!
-
I'm 32 years old, for a few more months, anyways.
I live in Arkansas with my dear, darling, sometimes dorky husband,
and our three children. I have been a SAHM since the birth of our first child, 11 years ago.
And, for the past 2 years I've also homeschooled the children.
Now before you go saying, "Wow, you must be Superwoman!" let me just stop you and say that NO, I'm certainly NOT.
I'm really just an ordinary mom
who constantly begs for an extra helping of
God's marvelous grace!
-
Now, let's party!
-
Would you care for a refreshment? Chocolate-dipped strawberries, anyone?
How about some...


Coffee? Tea?

Punch?

Sit here in my comfiest chair...

Take a load off.

Enjoy some grown-up conversation.

The topic of the day? Well, let's see... We've got some important stuff going on here. For example, pufferfish. Now that's not something you hear about everyday, right? They are really quite fascinating!

Oh! And there's also a buzz about in-laws. And evvvv'rybody's got somethin' to say about that.

Someone mentioned bubble baths, and that's sounding pretty good to me right about now! I may hide some of these chocolate-covered strawberries for later and eat them while I relax in the tub.

Speaking of bathtime, here's a fun tradition for those of you who enjoy Chinese food. That sounds really strange... Chinese food...bathing... ahem. Moving on.

Let me tell you about my oh-so-fun experience getting an MRI. After all, there's nothing like a few tales of medical nightmares to get the party going, right?

And, ya can't have a party without funny animal stories. And eventually, the conversation always turns back to the children. Whether it's the cute things they say, or the hilarious things they come up with, we just can't seem to get through a single day without talking about them!

----------

I do hope you'll stick around and visit. Just talk amongst yourselves! Let me know if you need anything! And please, come and visit again soon!

Or, as we like to say here in the south...

"Y'all come back now, ya he'a?"

12 comments:

Kwana said...

Welcome to the party. I love a Pufferfish!

Jen said...

Your party post cracked me up! Loved the hanging my coat on the sidebar! LOL! This blog's so much fun! Happy PARTY!

AtHomeMom said...

Love your blog .... and I'm new to this blogging party too. Soooo nice to meet another homeschooling mom who is real and honest -- I just love your honesty! Lorie

Janice said...

Well you are my new favorite party Blogger. I would kill for chocolate covered Srawberry's..Yum
Happy Partying

kalea_kane said...

Dude! Chocolate covered strawberries! You are now my party idol! ;) My husband is sometimes dorky too, and he is also a bit snarky as well. We live a life of hugs and sarcasm! Nice to meet you. :)

Kelly

BrineS said...

Mmm...chocolate covered strawberries! YUM!

I'm inviting you to party with me!

Win some chocolate from my-sister-in-law and I...we blog about CHOCOLATE...me from Australia...and her from Michigan. Here's the link: http://thechocolistas.blogspot.com/2008/03/ultimate-blog-party-2008.html

What am I doing in Australia? I married an Aussie...and moved to Brisbane, leaving my family and friends and all the right-side-of-the-road drivers in America.

Win a handmade pocket place mat from my blog Comfort Joy Designs. Here's the link:
http://comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com/2008/03/ultimate-blog-party-2008.html

Want to know more about life in Australia? Visit my A Cup of Joy site where I keep up with my family and friends in America. Here's the link:
http://acupofjoy.wordpress.com/

Happy Partying!

cltgrace said...

How fun! Welcome to the blog party! Now that you're here, let's get this party started! There are so many blogs to visit & friends to meet. What a pleasure!

Peek in on us at GraceFULL Days & say hi before you go! Skip over the Vicks Caring Tributes & vote for my Gracie Cakes story as one of their finalists~ Thanks in advance. http://videos.vickscaringtributes.com/videos/index.html

GraceFULL blessing to you & yours~

Carmen

http://gracefulldays.blogspot.com

Beloved MaMa said...

welcome to the party :o)

Wani said...

Happy Blog Party! Cool blog! Come check out my party post @ www.wanibug.blogspot.com! I just love meeting new bloggin' friends!
I'm also a SAHM, I'm a homeschool grad and plan on home-educating my boys someday. Thanks for inviting us to your blog!

The Random Muse said...

Welcome to the party. Boy do those strawberries look good.

Bananas said...

great party! Give me more of that Punch!! :)

Butterbean said...

The strawberries were wonderful! Hope you'll swing by our place!