Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday - Hair Care


I've been a faithful "Works-for-me-Wednesday" reader for many moons, but until today I've never posted anything that works for me. I've meant to... but, I tend to get sidetracked. Go figure. So today, I'm giving it a shot.
-
One thing that people ask me about or comment on constantly is my hair. I've worn my hair long and straight since my junior year of high school. There have been moments of weakness when I cut it shorter, though not technically short, and I soon regretted it; except for the one time that I cut off 12 inches for Locks of Love. If I ever cut it again, I'll definitely be donating it. I used to think that when I turned 30, I would cut it short. But, I'm now 32, and I have no desire to get it cut off anytime soon.
-
Everyone wants to know what I use to keep my hair so smooth and shiny. I used to tell people that Pantene Pro-V was my secret weapon. I still love Pantene and use it occasionally. However, I have found something that I like, no, LOVE even more, and that is a wonderful line of products by Matrix called Biolage. My sister-in-law, who is a hairdresser, gave me a few bottles of shampoo and conditioner for Christmas. When I used them for the first time, I was instantly in love. The smell is fabulous - not too perfumey, not too fruity - just right.

The smoothness was instantaneous. I could feel the difference as soon as I rinsed the conditioner out! Even with the blowdrying and styling, my hair stayed soft and smooth and felt awesome. I've always had people stop me and ask about my hair, but for the past few months that I've been using the Biolage, it is just unreal how many people comment about it. Even people that I've known for years come up and feel of my hair and admire it. It's nice to have at least one feature that I'm actually proud of and like to show off!

-

So now you know one thing that works for me!
-

Pop over to Melanie's to see many more great tips this week.

7 comments:

Kathy in WA said...

Thanks for sharing! It's always wonderful hearing beauty tips.

Duckabush Blog

Susan said...

Oh, I love Biolage. You can purchase it at the Sally Hanson store for cheap in August, that is when they have their $10.00 a liter sale. Unfortunately the do not sale Biolage where I currently live. So enjoy:)

Melissa Markham said...

Thanks for the tip. I have been looking for a new shampoo!

EMama said...

Oh, I really wanted to see a picture of your hair!

PufferfishMommy said...

Sorry I didn't have a pic of my hair to post. I rarely have a photo of myself at all, since I'm usually the one behind the camera. So getting one of the back of my head is even tougher. I'll see what I can come up with though! :)

Bev.

Family O'Foxes said...

I'm with, PMommy, I want to see your hair. :)

I will have to see if I can find this product.

~Amy

Lori's Light Extemporanea said...

I adore Biolage products! I especially like their conditioning balm, esp. with our dry hair. And they do smell good!