Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday - FREE Weekly Menu Planning



If you're a busy mom like me, then you know how hard it can be to come up with a meal for your family every single night. And it gets even trickier when you're trying to make the food they eat at least somewhat healthful. We all know that, in spite of all the "healthy" additions to the McDonald's menu, fast-food is basically junk food, and is really not the best answer to the dinnertime dilemma.
-
A few weeks ago I discovered Menus 4 Moms and decided to give it a try. Menus 4 Moms is basically a smorgasbord of "online resources for busy moms", featuring everything from menu plans to frugal living tips, home organization help, and bulk cooking ideas, just to name a few. The thing that caught my eye, though, was the FREE weekly dinner menus. With just a few clicks of the mouse, I had access to dozens of weekly menu plans, complete with grocery lists and tips to make the weekly cooking go smoothly. I can visit the website to pick menus, or I can have a weekly menu e-mailed to me.
-
So far, the recipes have been really good. I've found that I can modify them easily if I need to, to cater to my family's particular tastes. And if there is a recipe that I know is not going to work for us, I can go to the website to find one to replace it very easily.
-
I guess the reason why Menus 4 Moms really works for me is that it takes the bulk of the meal planning each week off of my shoulders. All I have to do is print off the grocery list and recipes, skim through to see what ingredients I already have so that I don't purchase unnecessary items, and go to the grocery store. Or, the lists are so easy to follow, I can even send my grocery-shopping-challenged dh to the store. LOL. It's a very simple way to make sure that my family gets a good, wholesome meal every night. Works for me! :)
-
Be sure to head over to Shannon's place at "Rocks In My Dryer" for lots of great WFMW tips!


5 comments:

byrumnews said...

Wow, what a great site, thanks for the info.

Ashley said...

Awesome, thanks! I will sign up for that newsletter! And, thanks for stopping by my blog!

Karyn-for-you said...

Thank you for your tip on keeping my socks together. I think I will try that. thank you as well for taking the time to comment on my blog, it's nice to have your company! oh, ya I like your funny story you wrote on Monday, kids it is so interesting what they understand about what they see an watch ah? it amazes me and kind of scares me sometimes.
http://karynforyou.wordpress.com/

The Mama Hood said...

Thanks for the great information on Menu planning. It really makes things easier. Love your blog and your writing. So glad to be your new friend on the site. Aloha...

Tiffany said...

That looks really interesting! I will have to look at it more when I have more time. Thanks for sharing!