Monday, February 18, 2008

The Dark Side


My husband and children love Star Wars. Besides the movies, they've recently been enjoying the PS2 games, such as Lego Star Wars and Star Wars Battlefront. Even the youngest child, age 4, has gotten in on the fun. He doesn't care what character he plays, as long as he gets to play, too. I've really had to set limits on the PS2 time, because he'd be on it all day if I let him!
-
Anyways, we've had a week's worth of sickness running through our family, starting with the littlest one. He was the first to lose his voice from all the coughing and hacking. One night last week I was tucking him into bed and he really wasn't feeling well at all. His breathing was rough and noisy and his voice very deep and croaky. "Mama," he said, "I think that this sickness is making me turn to the dark side."
-
"The dark side?" I asked.
-
"Yes," he said. "Like Darth Vader."
-
It didn't take him long to fall asleep with all the cough and cold medicine he'd had. But dh and I laughed for a long time over his "dark side" comment.

4 comments:

Bananas said...

awww what a little peanut. So cute!

Being sick makes ME need to go to the Dark Side too!

Hope you all get feeling better SOON!

The Roaming Southerner said...

Wise beyond his years...Being sick does make you go to the Dark side....and when my hubs is sick, it makes me go to the dark side too.

PufferfishMommy said...

Thanks for the get well wishes, Ms. Bananas. We're not out of the woods yet, but we're getting there!

And roaming southerner - I hear ya! My dh is the only one who hasn't caught this yet... so when he does, we'd all better brace ourselves.

chickadee said...

i think i go to the dark side too but it's when my kids are sick. oh they can be so irritable when they feel bad. i guess i can too though.