Sunday, January 6, 2008

What's New?

So I've decided to try something. Instead of waiting until I have an organized thought to put into a blog entry, I'm just going to jump in feet first and attempt to "just write". I'm not promising something every single day, but to blog more regularly is definitely a goal of mine.

So what's new?

-

We just got back from having our Sunday lunch with the fam. We went out to eat today instead of the usual gathering for home-cookin' "Grammy-style" at my mom's. It was kinda necessary seeing as how she has had one half of her house demolished, more or less, for a little remodeling project. And the half that is under-construction just happens to include the kitchen. It may be awhile before Grammy's Kitchen is fully functioning again, but when it does, it'll be brand spankin' new!
-
Speaking of my mom's kitchen.... one thing I'm really gonna miss are those lovely hunters' orange formica countertops. Straight from the 70's - gen-u-wine and authentic bright ORANGE countertops. We thought it was kinda weird at first, but they grew on us after awhile. My dad never seemed to mind them, but then - he was color-blind. He always thought they were a lovely shade of brown. Lots of things came and went in that kitchen over the years, but the orange countertops remained through it all. Until now. Now... they are landfill.
-
Going on...
-
There are other new things in our family besides Grammy's kitchen. We actually have a new family member, as of last week when my baby sister tied the knot. I have a new brother-in-law to pester! Thankfully he's laid back enough to put up with all of us. Then again, they do live about 4 hours away... so he only has to tolerate us on special occasions. (That was smart!) But seriously, we're all quite thrilled for my little sis' and her new hubby. They are a very sweet couple and I see a lot of great things happening for them in the future!
-
Mush, mush... glad I got that out of my system. I'm a pufferfish, remember? Although I'd rather consider myself a "porcupine fish" - which is basically a pufferfish with big, pokey needles all over it. But somehow, "porcupine fish" just doesn't roll as easily as Pufferfish... so I'll stick with what I've got for now, I suppose. Just when you see my screenname, imagine me with the pokey needles. K? K.
-
So we're starting back to school tomorrow. Woo-ha. Hip hip... hoo-ray. *whirls finger in air* Nah, I'm okay with it... I'll just miss my lazy mornings. I will be glad to get a little bit of routine back in our lives, however. And to have my kids occupied with something other than the television, ps2, or nintendo ds will be nice.
-
And tomorrow night, we're having a bunch of people over for the big Ohio State/Louisiana game. *whirls finger in air* again. Not that I don't love football... but it's kinda hard to play cards with all the noise in the background. (stupid joke... I won't bore you with it...)
-
All I know is, I've got a bunch of people coming over. Guess that means I should put the 15 boxes of Christmas decorations somewhere other than the middle of my living room, and do something about the smell in the refrigerator. (I could just post a sign on the fridge that says "out of order"....?) I wouldn't worry so much about it if it were just "the guys"... but their wives are coming along, too. In that case, I must be cordial and exchange my quills for social graces for the evening. Don't you wish you could be here to see that?

No comments: