Saturday, January 5, 2008

Wednesday, November 7, 2007 - "Mystery Woman"

"Focal bilateral areas of increased signal greater in theleft cerebral hemisphere than the right and while thismay represent small vessel ischemic changes, focallacunar infarcts secondary to hypertension in this age group ofother consideration would be non-active multiplesclerotic plaques."

These were the words of the radiologist who examined my MRI.

Clear as mud?

Yeah, I thought so, too.

I received this information last week, but wasn't able to get in to see Dr. N until today, which is why I haven't updated until now. Sorry. See, I had the radiology report in my hands, but I had no clue what it meant, so there was no use trying to write about it. And I'm still not sure exactly...

We are looking at anything from Multiple Sclerosis (no shock there.. I've heard that for the past 5 years) to mini-strokes to maybe my brain is just weird like that, all on its own for no real reason. See, I've got these little white "blips", if you will, scattered around on my brain. The docs think that these are little dead spots where the myelin has been destroyed and has left little plaques in its place. Now we just have to dig deeper to try and figure it out. Yep - I'm a mystery. An enigma. A walking anomaly. That's me.

And, frustrated. That's me, too.

No comments: