Friday, January 4, 2008

Friday, August 31, 2007 - "A Day Off....and Why I LOVE My In-Laws"

This morning my father-in-law called to say that he and Grandma would be by around 10AM to pick up the kids for a day at the park. We have a fantastic state park with hiking trails and fishing, swimming and pedal boats, a playground, and beautiful picnic areas. My kids LOVE to go, but it's not something we do just real often. They were more than thrilled when I told them the news.
~
After breakfast, I put them to work on their assignments to see how much they could get done before Gma and Gpa arrived. They both managed to get a little bit done. But honestly, spending the day hiking and fishing and enjoying nature is pretty educational, too, if you ask me!
~
As they were loading up in Gma's van, Gpa said he was sorry that there wasn't room for me to join them. (They were taking my niece and nephew, too.) I jokingly lamented that I didn't know what I would do, here in the house ALONE... in the PEACE and QUIET.
Hmmmmmmmm........? Maybe I'll be able to keep myself occupied until they get back here in a few hours......
~
One thing I'm going to do is meet dh for lunch! Woohoo! :)

No comments: